How Can You Best Evaluate The Success Of A Cloud-Based Platform?
It is hard to imagine, but let us tell you, just a decade ago, there were very few affordable, scalable, and effective IT solutions available in the market. But, with the growth and enhancement of cloud computing technology, these solutions are now readily available to each of us. Today, every sector has been impacted by this digital revolution. But its compatibility has to be checked across various browsers and operating systems, and that’s when browser testing comes into the picture.
Organizations undergoing a digital transformation must readily adapt to the changes in trends, people, business workflows, QA strategy, processes, technology, and test execution. These are complicated adjustments that need to be controlled, and an organized strategy should be used to guarantee the desired results with the best possible quality and lowest possible expense.
Mobile applications, chatbots, automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and other digital services are all crucial, but they must be used to further a greater goal of organizational transformation.
The business agility and quicker time-to-market that modern digital organizations need can only be ensured by a cloud-based platform and test automation methodology. You must know that cloud-based testing is cost-effective, offers reduced time-to-market, and improves business agility and user experience.
Testing and test automation are efficient and effective even in the most complex corporate environments and systems when a flexible and scalable test environment is available.
In this article, we will have a closer look at various features you must keep in mind to evaluate the success of a cloud-based platform. But first, let’s get into some of the basics of cloud-based testing!
Cloud-based testing provides several benefits. Let us look at the 5 top advantages below:
- Scalability of Test Environment: Every day, we see software and applications with several sensors and other devices with intelligent software development that pop up in the market.
Developing a test environment to evaluate functionality, performance, and user experience is a significant and tiresome task in the conventional method. By leveraging a cloud-based platform, you can quickly, swiftly, and error-free construct and grow test environments thanks to the cloud’s flexibility.
- Replication of Test Environment: With the technology that comes with the cloud, you can very easily replicate test environments. Testing teams can quickly, cheaply, and with the least amount of work, simulate an end-user-centric environment. Testing is made possible anytime, anywhere, by the simplicity with which any combination of device environments may be built and tested.
- Reduced Testing Time: Each cloud-based platform comes with a unique set of features. Using particular services offered by each cloud provider, cloud-based testing in conjunction with test automation enables the simultaneous testing of apps and software on various hardware configurations and circumstances. Consequently, the tester’s time will be reduced, increasing their efficiency for other tasks.
One such cloud-based platform for testing is LambdaTest. LambdaTest is an AI-powered test orchestration and execution platform that lets you run manual and automated tests at scale with over 3000+ real devices, browsers, and OS combinations. This platform is one of the fastest, most scalable, and most reliable test execution platforms.
Since it is not just about the infrastructure, LambdaTest not only offers 24/7 support but also lets you get your hands on a whole range of complimentary features. These features are specifically designed to smooth your cloud-based browser testing experience and help you ship your products worldwide faster! These include geolocation testing, integrated debugging, and locally hosted web testing, among others!
- Ease of Agile DevOps Adoption with CI/CD: Cloud-based platforms facilitate improved DevOps deployment by improving developer and tester cooperation.
- Lower Cost: Lastly, you must note thatwhen you use cloud computing, you pay for the resources only when used. This removes the need for other numerous expenditures like testing facilities, equipment, and other related infrastructure.
Since there are many cloud-based platforms in the market, it is essential to keep an eye on certain features before evaluating any platform’s success. The specifics of these features are mentioned below. Have a look!
- Talk to the people in the organization: When evaluating the success of any cloud-based platform based on your organizational needs, talk to the experts in your team. It is crucial to take their suggestions into account because they are the ones who have used many platforms and can give you an honest review of what they like or dislike about a particular cloud-based platform.
- Functionality, quality attributes, and other related features: The next step in evaluating the success of a cloud-based platform is to look at its unique features and capabilities. This should be your next top-most priority.
For instance, it can be a good idea to check whether it supports the various testing frameworks, languages, tools, and integrations you use or want to use. Furthermore, you can look for features like performance testing, cross-browser testing, parallel testing, security testing, actual device testing, and visual testing. You may also wish to assess the dashboards and interface’s documentation, accessibility, and usability.
The non-functional criteria known as quality characteristics, such as dependability, performance, scalability, usability, security, maintainability, and testability, specify how the platform operates. Assess these features carefully to evaluate any platform’s success.
The design of a cloud-based platform should guarantee that the quality characteristics are met at the proper levels. Metrics like response time, availability, error rate, and resource consumption may be used to gauge the qualities.
- Architecture and its principles: How effectively a cloud-based platform adheres to the software’s architectural principles is the third factor that can be used to assess its success. Architecture principles, such as modularity, abstraction, encapsulation, cohesion, coupling, and separation of concerns, are the rules and best practices that direct the design and execution of the software system.
The cloud-based platform should follow the architectural principles that guarantee the system’s consistency, integrity, and quality. Using techniques like code analysis, code review, and code testing may measure the principles of architecture.
- Evolution: The architecture of the cloud-based software should be able to adapt to the needs and changes of the software system, including new features, specifications, technologies, and user bases. It should also be possible for the cloud-based platform to enhance and maximize its effectiveness, efficiency, and performance.
The concepts of continuous delivery, continuous integration, and continuous improvement should be included in the design and implementation of the cloud-based platform. With the use of technologies like version control, configuration management, and monitoring, you can track the progress of the architecture.
- Rates and schemes: A cloud-based platform’s pricing and plan options should be the next item you would want to look at. To further evaluate its success, you must examine the features, price structures, restrictions, and discounts offered by various providers. Look for seasonal sales and discounts because that can attract a large part of the audience. Apart from this, also look at the pricing of a platform’s competitors.
Moving forward, if you want to use a specific cloud-based platform for your organization, you may want to search for clear and adaptable pricing choices that let you scale up or down as required, pay for just the services you need, and modify or cancel agreements at any time. Additionally, you can use free trials, demonstrations, or credits to test the platform before committing.
- Excellence and dependability: The next step in the success evaluation process is that you must consider how successfully a cloud-based platform fulfills quality requirements. It should be able to keep its commitments. It could be a good idea to look at the platform’s standing, user ratings, expert reviews, and testimonials. Verify the platform’s availability, speed, stability, uptime, and performance metrics.
Please note that it is essential for a cloud-based platform to guarantee the safety and protection of user data, software, and apps. Therefore, evaluating the platform’s privacy, security, and compliance policies and procedures becomes imperative. It is another crucial point in the success evaluation process.
- Help and assistance: How responsive, helpful, and user-friendly a cloud-based platform is should be the final feature to consider. Anyone using the software might need technical assistance at any time. Checking the platform’s support channels, hours, and response time.
In addition to this, you should also check whether the platform offers troubleshooting, direction, prompt technical support, and sufficient feedback. For this, you can also check the FAQs available on the platform’s website. Since it is essential for a user to establish a fruitful and beneficial working connection, you must assess the platform’s customer service culture, attitude, and values.
You must be wondering why cloud-based platforms and cloud-based testing are gaining so much importance in the digital industry. Read further to know more about this!
By now, you would have understood that you can successfully and efficiently test large web or mobile applications using a cloud-based testing environment. One of the key benefits of employing cloud-based testing is that you can simulate real-world user traffic with all of its intricacies and interfaces that go along with it.
Today, business agility and enhanced productivity have become essential traits of any contemporary digital organization. Both are guaranteed by leveraging the benefits of cloud-based testing. Business agility can be defined as an organization’s capacity to quickly and effectively adapt to changing market circumstances, trends, and client demands.
Therefore, developing applications and software and releasing them to the target audience simultaneously allows you to get real-time feedback and make rapid changes.
In today’s era, digital organizations need plans, concepts, and procedures that offer affordable application testing and quality control methods. An essential part of the digital strategy is QA and testing. Cloud-based testing provides a reliable platform for continuous testing and delivery as the application’s scope grows.
One of the principal benefits of cloud-based testing is the opportunity to design and integrate with well-proven applications and infinite resource availability. In addition to enhancing the success and enabling near real-time application modifications, a cloud-based testing environment makes the devices and applications available from any location and at any time.
Remember, it is crucial to have constant innovation and application development if you want your digital projects to stand out in the market and succeed. Successful adoption of Agile and DevOps depends on collaboration, continuous development, integration, and testing. A cloud-based testing and test automation platform like LambdaTest can foster all these.
Lastly, cloud-based test management systems guarantee constant communication between all participating teams. When the test environment is continuously available, the scope of automated testing is expanded for functional and non-functional criteria, including performance, security, and scalability.
Cloud-based platforms allow you to customize your test environment to function as you see fit. It enables many testers to examine different elements at the same time. As an example, you could simultaneously run functional and non-functional tests.
Increased efficiency, maximal test coverage, and superior quality benchmarks will undoubtedly result from leveraging a cloud-based platform. Cloud-based testing offers the speed and adaptability required for crucial procedures like Agile and DevOps, which promote more efficient workflows and quicker turnaround times.
Since such a vast competition regarding tech is available in the market, you must know what and how to choose. The features mentioned above help evaluate the success of a cloud-based testing platform.
It is time for you to evaluate carefully and derive the most from the value of the cloud!